Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Prayers For Violette

I haven't made any time to blog lately because I've been so busy taking care of our precious little dog, Violette. She had a terrible thing happen to her about two weeks ago. She was attacked by a pit bull. It happened at night so I rushed her to the emergency pet hospital that's open all night. The prognosis was grim. She has a broken neck and could be paralyzed. The damage to her spinal cord made it hard for her to get enough oxygen so she had to be in an oxygen chamber. But she had some feeling in her back legs so I was hopeful. After a couple days I decided to bring her home. Pet hospitals get expensive!
She can't move so I turn her over every two or three hours and offer her food and water...even through the night. It's kind of like having a newborn baby. So I'm pretty tired out! But every day I notice a small improvement. Like she has begun moving her legs. All of them! She lifts her head now and moves it around. She has begun licking our hands again. And now I've been taking her out in the yard to get some sun three times a day. She also got her neck bandage off!
The bite wounds are healing,
and she's able to hold herself up on her front paws a few seconds now!
Pretty exciting! The vet could hardly believe it. So next week she starts some physical therapy exercises. So we're hoping and praying that our sweet puppy will be back to running and playing in no time! Please pray for Violette and I will keep you updated. Thanks everyone! Taniya

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for your sweet dog! And my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The progress that Violette Rose has made is quite remarkable. Taniya, you have worked very diligently with her. The Lord is working a miracle. Praise God for all the improvements in this pup!
    I enjoyed Vie's visit, along with everyone else on Christmas Eve. come again soon.

    Jody Farmstead

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10