Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Violette Update

It's been three and a half weeks since our little dog Violette had her neck broken (if you don't know the story click here) and I want to thank all my dear friends and relatives who have been praying for her recovery! She is not walking yet but we continue to see improvements almost daily. She hasn't been very interested in eating her dog food and I was very concerned about this because she lost weight. I tried cat food, which she used to love, but she didn't want that either. So then I started trying human food and WOW does she love human food!!  Fish, chicken, and eggs are some favorites. Here's her morning meal...scrambled eggs!

Yummy!
One improvement in her leg function is that she pulls her back legs up under her like this
See, I take her outside a few times a day and support her underneath and she tries to scoot around with her muzzle, so I move her in the direction she wants to go in and she used to just let her legs drag behind like this
But now she's pulling them up under her! So I'm excited about that. Also, I don't think I mentioned this before but the bite to her neck also damaged her voice box or vocal cords because she hasn't been able to make a sound ever since. But now she's beginning to get her voice back!! Well, I've been trying everything I can think of to upload the video I wanted you to see but it keeps saying it can't support it so... I'll post it on my Facebook page! So thanks again to all of you for your continued prayers for our little doggie and we'll see you soon! Taniya

2 comments:

  1. Awww, poor little inchworm Violette! Yay improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha yes! And she wagged her tail today! Just a little thump thump but progress, by jove!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10